Tuesday 7 December 2010

Socks, and, Trollope

Just to reassure all you eager readers - yes, I am still alive. Cold, grumpy, but not quite dead yet. Miserable in the cold weather, can't get warm, wearing vests, socks over tights inside boots, scarf indoors. Eating too many biscuits for comfort and putting on weight. Last winter's best trousers are too tight to wear. Found a lovely pair in John Lewis yesterday, warm and lined and nice, and £125 marked down to £50. Tried them on and Husband said they made me look fat. No, they didn't make me look fat, I am fat. Didn't buy them. Hate Husband. Hate myself.

Borrowed Trollope from the library tonight, the first of the six Barsetshire novels. Reading Trollope is for old people, it's about the last thing you do before you die.

And it isn't even the shortest day yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment