Tuesday 21 April 2009

Travel notes

I don't know what people do who don't use public transport - they can't have any excitement in their lives at all.

The only exciting thing that happened to me yesterday (and this tells you how tedious my life is) was catching a number 621 bus home. I've never seen a 621 bus before, and the driver told one of the other passengers, who told me, that it was a new route. Imagine! It goes to Hatfield in one direction, but I don't know where it goes in the other.

And then this evening, if I didn't see a 620 bus going to Harpenden. That must be a new route too. We've never had a bus that goes to Harpenden. Why anyone would want to go to Harpenden is beyond me, but it's nice to know that we can if we ever have to.

And the schoolkids are back on the morning train, which is nice. I've watched them grow up from bratty Year 7's and they are must be in Sixth Form now. But I was sorry to see that the tall boy - he's got a nice face, although he is blonde, and I've never been one for blondes - is still wasting his time and attention on that little blonde bit, who tosses her curls at him and clutches her folders to her chest to make her tits look bigger. Can't he see that the nice girl - OK, she's plain, but - would be so much better for him than the blonde bit? He is pleasant to her, but doesn't seem to regard her at all. She sits there quietly and does her physics homework and just looks at him sometimes. I do wish he'd see sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment