Sunday 14 June 2009

Holiday ends

I reckon my week off as having ended about 5.30 on Friday evening - the point where I would usually have been leaving work and coming home. The rest of it is just the weekend that I would have had anyway.
On the basis of the last week, I'm not ready for retirement yet. Even though the weather has been a bit iffy, it hasn't justified the amount of aimless drifting and time-wasting that has been going on. I've been bored and fretful and unable to focus on anything. Retirement will be a disaster if it's going to be like this.
Things cheered up on Friday when Daughter and I went into London - somewhere to go! Something to do!
And now, as the weekend starts to run out as well, suddenly I'm busy trying to finish all the things I could have done days ago if I had been motivated enough and, being busy, I'm much happier.
Somewhere around 5 or 6 o'clock tonight the usual Sunday gloom will descend, as I clear up stuff in the garden and start to get ready for Monday and the working week. It was undeniably nice last Sunday when there wasn't the same gloom. And then I'll start to think that retirement might be nice after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment