Tuesday 29 September 2009

Tall Boy is back

I have blogged before about the kids going in on my train to school in London and what fun it is to watch them and their little dramas. I had thought that most of them must have left school at the end of last term and that I wouldn't see them again come this September, but I'm very pleased to say that they all seem to be back again. Tall Boy is back, and so is Blonde Bits, even blonder and curlier and wearing a one-shoulder top with a teeny tiny white spaghetti strap over her bare shoulder. He still isn't noticing the nice plain girl.

There is another group as well, much younger, who get off at a different station and obviously go to a different school and one of them is the most obnoxious brat I've ever seen. I've had glimpses of her for a while but she is getting harder to ignore. She seems to be spoilt rotten, and acts as if she was ten years older than she is, with airs and graces that she must have learnt from television. She has also got the loudest voice I have ever heard, so all the awful platitudes and inanities come out at full volume. Maybe it is all attention-seeking, maybe she comes from a shocking home and is pitifully neglected. Even so, I can't think that a good slap would do her any real harm, and it would do me an awful lot of good to administer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment