Tuesday 4 May 2010

Retail therapy

Given that I had to go to the dentist (my least favourite invasive procedure) it didn't seem unreasonable (not to me, anyway) to pop into the shops on the way. I knew I was winning when I nipped into Robert Dyas for some seeds and was given a fre copy of Gardeners' World magazine. It's not my top favourite reading, but hey, it's free!

After that it was heavy clothes shopping. I never shop without thinking of my friend C (yes, you know who you are) who always points out the shoddy workmanship, poor quality fabric and so on, and who knows that she or I could make up the same garment at home for half the price and twice as well (in her case, anyway - she's a better seamstress than I will ever be). And she is always right. Anyway, I ended up with a pair of black linen trousers (which need shortening and the buttons changing because they are horrible) and a nice little skirt suit which needs a different belt but is otherwise OK. So all I need now is - a new belt, a couple of tops to go under the suit, a pair of shoes and enough time to do the alterations. And then - and only then - I shall have some new clothes to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment