Saturday 20 March 2010

Sorry for silence

A big apology to my loyal reader (that's you, Mrs Trellis of North Wales) for such a long gap between posts. I have been very preoccupied with a lot of things lately, most of them work-related but some of them domestic. I remember that back in November I was saying that everything would get better once Christmas was out of the way; now I am saying the same thing about Easter.

You see, it takes me quite a long time to deliver a blog post. I really don't think that life should be mistaken for art and I abhor the casual stream-of-conciousness type of utterance, all incoherent rant or rave on the spur of the moment. Nothing we say is without some kind of moderation - there is always the smallest of gaps between what we think and what we actually say, and it's no bad thing to stretch that gap before putting finger to keyboard. We all edit our feelings and our memories, sometimes to the extent that after a lapse of years we can no longer remember what did happen and what we wished had happened - we all re-work our experiences. I'm not a big fan of Wordsworth, but I can sign up to his definition of art (of poetry, in his case) as "emotion recollected in tranquility".

I'm not claiming the status of art for this blog or any of its posts, far from it, but I have been too busy in the experience recently to have time to recollect it. I will try to do better in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment